Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter if the number of records with a field length greater than x is 1

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I am building an iterative macro.  The source files are HTML.  I am targeting paragraphs of text.  There re 2-n paragraphs found in each HTML source file.  Normally, each text paragraph is its own record.  However, there are times when all the paragraphs within a source HTML file are trapped in one record.  I am skipping a lot of details, but suffice to say that it seems a filter based on record length can work as a filter to differentiate between these two scenarios.   I would like to create a filter expression that says...

if the number or records with a field length of 100 is 1

I should add....  In the normal scenario there are other records with header tags.  In the second scenario, the header tags are trapped with the paragraphs in a single record.  In both scenarios there are a few random html remnants (no more than a few characters here and there) -- hence the desire to use a filter based on length.

3 REPLIES 3
DeanWest
9 - Comet

If I interpreted your question correctly, I think this workflow should help lead you in the right direction for what you're looking to accomplish. 

However, please let me know if you need any more help or assistance! 🙂

Iterate-Count-Filter_DeanWest-snippet.png

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@DeanWest   Almost.  As currently configured, this solution only counts like records >100.  Records will never be like.  It is the total number or records over a 100 that is the criteria.  If >1 then send down path A.  If 1 send down path B.

DeanWest
9 - Comet

I've attached an updated version of the workflow and macro to this reply.

Please let me know if you need any more help or assistance. 🙂

Iterate-Count-Filter_DeanWest-snippet-v2.png

Labels