Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter if the number of records with a field length greater than x is 1

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I am building an iterative macro.  The source files are HTML.  I am targeting paragraphs of text.  There re 2-n paragraphs found in each HTML source file.  Normally, each text paragraph is its own record.  However, there are times when all the paragraphs within a source HTML file are trapped in one record.  I am skipping a lot of details, but suffice to say that it seems a filter based on record length can work as a filter to differentiate between these two scenarios.   I would like to create a filter expression that says...

if the number or records with a field length of 100 is 1

I should add....  In the normal scenario there are other records with header tags.  In the second scenario, the header tags are trapped with the paragraphs in a single record.  In both scenarios there are a few random html remnants (no more than a few characters here and there) -- hence the desire to use a filter based on length.

3 REPLIES 3
DeanWest
9 - Comet

If I interpreted your question correctly, I think this workflow should help lead you in the right direction for what you're looking to accomplish. 

However, please let me know if you need any more help or assistance! 🙂

Iterate-Count-Filter_DeanWest-snippet.png

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@DeanWest   Almost.  As currently configured, this solution only counts like records >100.  Records will never be like.  It is the total number or records over a 100 that is the criteria.  If >1 then send down path A.  If 1 send down path B.

DeanWest
9 - Comet

I've attached an updated version of the workflow and macro to this reply.

Please let me know if you need any more help or assistance. 🙂

Iterate-Count-Filter_DeanWest-snippet-v2.png

Labels