Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter data out

fmarin00
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all 

i need to filter some rows out of my data set based on characteristics of some fields

Alteryx5.jpg

In my image, I need to filter the select row based on KUNNR and VKORG.

Alteryx6.jpg

I tried [KUNNR] != "0000025664" AND [VKORG] != "FW02" but it actually filtered out all rows with KUNRR = 0000025664 and all rows with  VKORG = FW02.

I'm sure that i'm not using properly the combination of "!=" and "AND" operators but i just can't figure it out

Thank you

Francisco

7 REPLIES 7
fmarin00
6 - Meteoroid

I'm sorry, in my original posting I didn't specified that i want to Filter out Line #2 from the data set.

thank you

Francisco

JoBen
11 - Bolide

@fmarin00, you could use a Select Records tool and set it up the ranges like below.

Help1.PNG

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi, @fmarin00,

Based on what you've shown from your screenshots it looks like it should be working correctly, that is, it should only be filtering out Row 2. Could you perhaps share your workflow so I can see if something else is amiss? (You can share by exporting your workflow: Options -> Export Workflow).

Best,

mmenth

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

try 

!([KUNNR] = "0000025664" AND [VKORG] = "FW02")

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Ah yeah @ChrisTX  is right. 

@fmarin00, the way you have it phrased right now, only things that are TRUE for both [KUNNR] != "0000025664" AND [VKORG] != "FW02" will go through the T output node.

To simplify you could also do [KUNNR] = "0000025664" AND [VKORG] = "FW02" and then continue with the F output node.

Best,

mmenth

fmarin00
6 - Meteoroid

fmarin00
6 - Meteoroid

@mmenth You are correct, I didn't describe the required outcome properly . I needed to eliminate row 2 from the results. @ChrisTX solution was what I was looking for.

Thank you all

Labels