Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter coulmn based on quarter

AliEB
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I do have a question based the "Dynamic Select" tool. I have the following column:

AliEB_0-1652195451950.png

and i like to have only the column until todays quarter "Q22022".

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Thanks,

Ali

12 REPLIES 12
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Transpose, identify current year quarter, then filter

IF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="01" THEN "Q1"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="02" THEN "Q1"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="03" THEN "Q1"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="04" THEN "Q2"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="05" THEN "Q2"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="06" THEN "Q2"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="07" THEN "Q3"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="08" THEN "Q3"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="09" THEN "Q3"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSE 
"Q4"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ENDIF

FILTER CURRENT QUARTER 1.PNG

AliEB
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt I created a test workflow, where you can see the point where i am stuck

AliEB
7 - Meteor

@DataNath I had to add the "Tile" tool to increment based on the "name" which is the date.

Labels