Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter coulmn based on quarter

AliEB
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I do have a question based the "Dynamic Select" tool. I have the following column:

AliEB_0-1652195451950.png

and i like to have only the column until todays quarter "Q22022".

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Thanks,

Ali

12 REPLIES 12
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @AliEB,

What I think you would want to do is transpose then filter the column names followed by cross tab:

IraWatt_0-1652196071451.png

what do you mean by "only the column until todays quarter "Q22022"." do you just mean the latest column?

HTH,

Ira

Matthew
11 - Bolide

DataNath
17 - Castor

Maybe super long-winded but this seems to get the job done and will be dynamic if you run it in future.

DataNath_0-1652196825284.png

AliEB
7 - Meteor

This actually is near to the solution I need. The problem is that I have to aggregate at the end and if I concatinate it will be listed everything into one row, but I need everything seperated... Do you have a solution for this?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Surely you could just add a formula tool on that sums all of the columns that are left at the end?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@AliEB , Do you have an example workflow of where your up to ?

AliEB
7 - Meteor

I do not need the sum. Right now after aggregation, the value of the column is comma seperated. I don't need that, I want to have every value in one cell. Right now it looks like this:

AliEB_0-1652200018546.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

You could add a split to columns tool and select split on rows, using the comma as a delimiter.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@AliEB what you need to do is have an ID to group each row with in the cross tab tool, that will stop the concatenation.

Labels