Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter coulmn based on quarter

AliEB
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I do have a question based the "Dynamic Select" tool. I have the following column:

AliEB_0-1652195451950.png

and i like to have only the column until todays quarter "Q22022".

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Thanks,

Ali

12 REPLIES 12
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Transpose, identify current year quarter, then filter

IF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="01" THEN "Q1"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="02" THEN "Q1"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="03" THEN "Q1"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="04" THEN "Q2"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="05" THEN "Q2"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="06" THEN "Q2"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="07" THEN "Q3"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="08" THEN "Q3"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSEIF 
DateTimeFormat(ToDate(DateTimeNow()),'%m')="09" THEN "Q3"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ELSE 
"Q4"+ToString(DateTimeYear(DateTimeNow()), 0) 
ENDIF

FILTER CURRENT QUARTER 1.PNG

AliEB
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt I created a test workflow, where you can see the point where i am stuck

AliEB
7 - Meteor

@DataNath I had to add the "Tile" tool to increment based on the "name" which is the date.

Labels