Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter based on Results from a List Box

sbaker
8 - Asteroid

I would like to filter a data set based on results from a List Box.  The List Box is populated by values, not columns; I cross tabbed a column [Project ID] to populate the List Box.  Ideally I would like to build a table with the original column name [Project ID] and values from the List Box, and then Inner Join that new table with the original data set to filter out rows not chosen in the List Box.

I have attached the app workflow.  I believe the current configuration is incorrectly joining [Project ID] (right anchor) on the actual values from List Box (right anchor), instead of a column name.

1 REPLY 1
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sbaker

I have attached a V2 which actually incorporates a filter to just pass through the ID's selected in the dropdown.

As a result, only these IDs will be eligible for the join back to the original table. 

Factors I changed in your list box interface:

- We needed a '-' instead of a ' ' because your IDs had a '-' in them. 

- Changed to generate custom list for the IN function within the filter tool. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

Labels