Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter based on Date and type of state

vchauhan011
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a dataset which look something like table below.

2020-03-05_18-32-35.png

The output I am trying to get is as following. For each ID if the latest State transitioned to is either A, K, C or W, than take only latest date transitioned out of State and latest State transition To for that ID. If the latest State transitioned to is not A, K, C or W then eliminate all the entries for that ID from the output.

The output for that table should look something like table below. 

2020-03-05_18-32-56.png

Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Thank you very much in Advance! Really appreciate your help. 

Best,

6 REPLIES 6
KP_DML
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Please see attached workflow.

States.png

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @vchauhan011 , similar as above, but I used a dateTime conversion to get the max date.

FilterOnDate.PNG

vchauhan011
7 - Meteor

Hello @KP_DML and @AndrewS,

first of all, thank you for posting both solutions so quickly. really appreciate it.  

Both solution are working perfectly fine in case if ID 2 has not been transitioned to or from A, K ,C or W states. But if ID 2 has been transitioned to and from A, K, C and W states and one of them is not the last state that ID 2 transitioned to, this would still pick ID 2 with the last date. 

2020-03-06_9-12-00.png

2020-03-06_9-13-28.png

for any given ID If the very last state it transitioned to is not A, W, K or C then all the entries for that ID should be removed. 

Hope this make sense to you. 

Thank you again! 

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi @vchauhan011 

Kindly try the below and let me know if it works for you!

Please let me know if you need anything else...

FilterBased_DateTypeState.PNG

vchauhan011
7 - Meteor

Hello @RobertOdera, thank you for sharing that solution with me. It worked! Appreciate your help! 

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

@vchauhan011  you're most welcome.

Please don't hesitate to ask the community if you need anything else!

Labels