Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter RecordIDs by multiple start/end values

NickKierstead
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, all, not sure if this can be done in-line or with a macro, but I am trying to filter out specific lines/RecordIDs in a set of data. The Start/End lines are generated at run time. 

GroupStartLineEndLine

I wrote a batch macro that uses the start/end lines to pass through a filter, to separate the groups, but the results are not clean due to how it iterates. My goal is to generate two mutually-exclusive lists from one source (50 lines in this example) based on the start/end line table above. Every line indicated between the start/end lines for group 1234 would be one output and all the lines for 4321 would be the fail or another output. Thanks, in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can use the generate rows to create the additional lines and then filter.  

RogerS_0-1665001638496.png

NickKierstead
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, I am not sure how that might be applied, below is a schematic of my current macro and the macro itself, plus a project that hopefully shows how I am intending this to work.  Not sure why all the record IDs are getting through.

line-controller.png

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

hi @NickKierstead  im not sure I know exactly what you want, but could this work? 

NickKierstead
6 - Meteoroid

That worked with some modification and very elegant use of that tool. Thank you!

Labels