Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter-In-DB combined with Text Box Interface

MathiasL
7 - Meteor

Hey,

since my company recently updated our Alteryx Designer to version 2021.03.03 (from 2021.01.04) i have problems on workflows, which contain In-DB-Tools combined with Text-Box-Interface Tools. In concrete terms, it is about dynamically querying a date value, which has the form "YYYYDDMM", in a database with a different date (for example 20211231). This has always worked smoothly with the Text-Box-Interface-Tool via an Alteryx app until the update mentioned above got installed.

Does anyone know if there have been any adjustments in this regard or if there is a way to get around this bug? Since it is a relatively large amount of data, I would ideally not write the data at this step out of the database and set the filter with the "normal" Filter-Tool (for which the Interface-Tools worked fine as before).

In the attached picture there is there usual procedure, with which i worked until the update, but unfortunately it does not work as it used to anymore.

6 REPLIES 6
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MathiasL 

It seems your Text Box is well configured but you know what you could do to understand what's going on?

Use the Debug option in the Interface Designer menu

Thableaus_0-1643208778884.png

Fill out your text box value that is being fed through the App. Use the Open Debug option to see how the workflow gets modified by the value you defined. Then you can run it to see if it's filtering appropriately. It might be something related to the database and the data, but you can definitely explore the options debugging it that way.

Cheers,

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello,

Can you please explain the issue with more details ? I understand perfectly the targer but not what you have on the new release. We plan this upgrade and this is a use case we plan to have in a near future.

Best regards,

Simon

MathiasL
7 - Meteor

Hey @Thableaus ,

thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I get the following error message when klicking on "Open Debug" :

MathiasL_0-1643289624833.png

Do I have to create the file "debug_temp.yxmd" manually? Or must it be defined somewhere else in the settings? I have searched in the community, but couldn't find a suitable solution.

Thanks,

Mathias

MathiasL
7 - Meteor

Hey @simonaubert_bd ,

unfortunately, I can not quite understand what I should describe in more detail. As it looks so far in my tests, Alteryx does not take over the value the user enters in the app, which would change the In-DB-Filter's value (see the file in my opening post). I've also tried to change to format from String to Integer and vice versa but that also hasn't worked.

Regards,
Mathias

MathiasL
7 - Meteor

FYI: Meanwhile, the original method works again. No idea why.

Rasa
5 - Atom

Disabling AMP Engine for workflow helped me to solve same issue (debug not opening). 

Labels