Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Error on Doubles

squigley17
6 - Meteoroid

I have a value in a field designated a double and its value is 500. Filters are not properly applying on this field and I cannot figure out why. I have tested multiplying by 100 to see if there are any trailing values and if I change to a float, it works properly.. I have uploaded the field in a .yxdb for reference.

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

What are you trying to filter?

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you're trying to filter out fields that are or are not doubles, then you can use the Dynamic Select tool

Bulien

squigley17
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to filter based on the value, so greater than or equal to 500. 

NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

@squigley17 

Took a look at your sample input, and found the same issue so investigated a little further. Turns out that if you allow your input enough decimal places, it is being rounded and is actually 499.999xxxx, which is why it's not passing your filter.  This may or may not be your desired result, but can always round to a certain number of decimals as needed.

clipboard_image_0.png

Labels