Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Doubts

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Hi all.

I am working on filter tool and encountered 2 problems.

1. I created 3 separate custom filters (writing 1 expression each) in 1 data set and then joined the True values using union tool. It gave me 62 records. (Even simple addition of True records is 62)

Then I inserted another filter to the same data set where I combined all the 3 expressions separated by OR. But here I got only 54 records. What's going wrong? It should have come to be same.

2.  How to combine multiple possible values of different columns in 1 expression. Values are getting mixed up.

Example: Column X = Start. Column Y = A, B,C. Column Z = M or N. Registration Date Column = No earlier then 1 year from today and should not be blank.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ShantanuDagar,

For your first problem:

You can get more results from the union with 62 records because the same record can come out the true of multiple filters so in the union that record will be their multiple times. When you just use OR then a record can only be outputted once. 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

For your second problem @ShantanuDagar I think you are looking for the IN function which you can use like this:

IF [Column X] = "Start" AND [Column Y] IN ("A", "B","C") AND [Column Z] IN( "M", "N") AND [Registration Date Column] > DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-1,"years") then 1 ELSE NULL() ENDIF

IraWatt_0-1669714238257.png

Labels