Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Current Month and Projected Month data

MChung
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I have a data set that tracks current month hires and terminations, and projected month hires and terminations. Ultimately, I would like to create a table similar to below/attached. The month column is written "09" for September, "10" for October, etc. I am using the summarize tool to pull data only for 09 and then another summarize tool to pull 10, I will then join them together to create the table, but stuck on writing the expression. Thank you in advance. 

Group09
Hires
Terminations 10
Hires
Terminations
A61 20
B50 10
C32 30
Total 143 60

7 REPLIES 7
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MChung ,

could you provide your data, or a mock up of your data so we can see what it is you're trying to do?

Thanks

M.

Bulien

rituraj963
8 - Asteroid

@MChung 

In you Summarize tool, Group and Month columns should have group by Action, Hires and Terminations should have Sum action. You can next use a Cross Tab tool for each measure (Hires and Terminations) and group by on Group column. Join them on record positions to get the end result.

Instead of summarizing for each month separately, I used two cross tabs. Let me know if this helps.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @MChung — Suggest you to attach the Input file (how does your data look like) and the desired output file layout, both.

MChung
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, @mceleavy @vizAlter I added a sample data. Please let me know if it doesn't makes sense. 

rituraj963
8 - Asteroid

@MChung 

Try this solution and let me know if this works:

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@MChung  — Hope the attached solution will be helpful, if not let me know.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @MChung , try this if it works for you.

grazitti_sapna_0-1599109471945.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels