Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Contains

suby
11 - Bolide

Sorry but I have created a new thread to avoid confusion and I have attached the excel sheet with the desired output.

please help me to get the desired output based on the same data.

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
suby
11 - Bolide

Thanks I've amended the test data and attached the screen shot of the expected output result.

I want to evaluate everything on my formula Tool and create a New Flag column with Yes or no.is that possible.
@grossal wrote:

Just use the Data From the F-Anker to only get the 'No' data.

If want both, than just don't use a Filter Tool at all, but from your request, you said you look for the 'Yes' that's why I used it in the first place.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Please rethink your problem and take anything needed into it. I don't like this "byte by byte" approach. Every time I fix something you add something to the chain. Please describe to whole chain / problem, so we can get this done.

suby
11 - Bolide

Sorry but my final requirement is to get the out put table attached in the screenshot.

But I wanted  to do everything in formula tool and also I need a New flag Column with Yes or No.

suby
11 - Bolide

Also add Unique IDs on my output as well.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

grossal_1-1586640077302.png

grossal_0-1586640068652.png

Updated workflow attached.

suby
11 - Bolide

Thanks this is what I was looking for and thank you so much for your time and just to clarify one thing how to download the workflow and when I click on it saves as a Html file?

It was a perfect solution but I have a one final question say in real world example there might be a situation where we have only three 'Yes' but 100's of 'No' in that case do we need to include all the 100 list of values on the filter section?

Thanks for your time

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Try to click on the little icon next to the name. This downloads the yxmd file for me.

grossal_0-1586641258933.png

If you don't have a more general rule, yes - you would have to include all.

suby
11 - Bolide

Ok great thanks much appreciated.

That is something more of general rule and we have the similar requirements but in our case we as I mentioned we have only 3 condition which evaluates 'Yes' but for the 'No' we are looking at  more than 700 List of values.

share your thoughts if you think if there is a better way of  doing this without hardcoding 700 list of values on my filter section.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Your 700 extra values are probably already saved in some list, so you could add them to your workflow like this:

grossal_0-1586642893376.png

The format can be quiet simple:

grossal_2-1586642963442.png

A plain list of all extra values is fine. You can read in a file instead of copy pasting your list to the Text Input tool if you want.

Workflow for reference attached.

Best

Alex

suby
11 - Bolide

Thank you so much Grossal thanks for your time much appreciated and in our situation we have those 700 additional values is coming through from the Table B itself.

Thanks

Labels