Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Based on User Count

m1ngle74
7 - Meteor

Hi All!

I'm trying to filter records based on those with more than 4 user entries. So, in the following table, I would keep user name = 2, because they have more than 4 entries, where I would want to remove user name 1 because they only have 3 entries

User NameratingChallenge
11Conversation Starter
11Reply to a question
12Reply to discussion
21Create blog post
22Docu-mentor
22Download an Uploaded File
21Followed
22Leader of the Pack
21Liked
23Posse
21Post a comment
21Post a question
218Read a blog post
21Tagging
21Thumbs Up
21Vote on an idea

I have tried the summarize tool, and then filter, but I can't quite figure it out. I'm also attaching the csv if anyone wants to look

4 REPLIES 4
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @m1ngle74

I think you method is pretty close to what you want to achieve. All you need to do it to join the result back to the original dataset. 

Capture.PNG

m1ngle74
7 - Meteor

Awesome! Thanks, Jasperich

atamertarslan
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

how can I filter out the rows based on a specific number of counts of multiple columns at once?

In the use case above we use only one column to base our condition on and I need to do something similar for multiple columns at the same time.

Best,

Atamert

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Basically, you can use the method @jasperlch used for one column, but slightly extended. You will need one Summarize tool for each column you want to use as a criterion, join data and all totals use Join Multiple and connect a filter to the output of the join tool.

Does that solve your problem?

17-09-_2019_13-51-04.png

Labels