Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filling the Delivery Date of Missing Rows for the Same Orders

OErdinc
5 - Atom

Hi all, 

I have a transaction based e-commerce platform report. For some of the transactions, [Delivery date] info is missing and my purpose is to fill them for each order.

As you can see from the below image, we have the [Delivery date] except for the bottom row. I could easily do this with multi-row formula but this is not the only case; so that my multi-row approach does not work for each order. Please consider the Example 2

Example 1

OErdinc_0-1638209310866.png

In this example, we have 4 null [Delivery Date] for [Order No] = 83538850

Example 2

OErdinc_3-1638209668605.png

I noticed that each Order No has a [Delivery Date] when the [Transansaction Type] is "Satış". So I am looking for a way to tell Alteryx below but I couldn't figured it out how to do this indeed with tools:

If [Delivery Date] is missing, return the [Delivery date] of Satış [Transaction type = Satış]  for the same [Order No].

I need to solve this urgently. I would deeply appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @OErdinc if you reorder your data you can fill in the missing dates. I've attached an example to showcase such an approach.

chukleswk
11 - Bolide

Please see the attached workflow that will use a filter to identify the transaction type of Statis and then a join that will match your order numbers back with the original data and a formula to update the delivery date.

Capture.PNG

OErdinc
5 - Atom

Those worked like magic! Many thanks!

Labels