Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fill right in a single row only? (in a table that has multiple rows of data?)

ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

If you look at my screenshot below, I am trying to fill "K-1 Lines" across the top row.

The most logical solution would be to transpose the row, and then do a multi row fill down formula. However, when I do that, it also fills down some of the other items that were previously blank throughout the rest of my excel sheet

So question in short: Does anyone know how to do a fill right in Alteryx for a single row?

$42BA15658B29B006.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
You could just isolate thay single row, using the sample tool or select records tool, perform the transformation on that single field and then crosstab it back to the desired format before unioning with all of your data.

Or you could do what you original said but use an if statement to confirm it's the row you desired (by record iding your data stream before you transpose).

Either method should work.

Ben
ripcityscorp15
7 - Meteor

Thanks!

Marko1986
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Could you please tell me what would be the fastest way to fullfill column "Konto" with the numbers from right for ex. Input_#2_Konto if there is data there, if no it should take Input_#3 and so on until Input_#12.

I've put a snip below.

Thank you for your help

Labels