Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill down Field Header as values in multiple rows

sraizada
5 - Atom

Hi 

I am new to Alteryx. I have a field name and I want to fill down the field name as multiple rows of data in the same column. I am trying the multi-row formula if Isempty([Data from month of September])then [Row-1:Data from month of September]else [Data from month of September]endif

I am not getting any output, Any suggestions?

thanks,

srz

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @sraizada,

One way to get your field names as a row of data you can use is with the field info tool then pivoting it so you can union it on top of your data. Then you can use your formula:

IraWatt_0-1663272756896.png

This solution uses the cross tab tool which can be hard to understand to new users. I would recommend checking out the community Getting-Started-Learning-Path for some context on how they work: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

DataNath
17 - Castor

@sraizada are these empty fields that you just want to populate with the field name? If so, can just reference the field name in a Multi-field Formula like so:

DataNath_0-1663273491191.pngDataNath_1-1663273500378.png

sraizada
5 - Atom

Thanks @IraWatt @DataNath , both solutions work well for this

Labels