Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill blank columns headings using values in the column before

sardamayank
5 - Atom

Hello Community,

I am struggling with fixing the attached dataset. I tried to use transpose and cross tab tools to fill the blank values, but it did not work out. Basically, I want to get month names in all the columns, so I can transpose the data to have one column for year, one column for months, one column for attribute (QTY or value) and one column for the actual value. 

File example attached.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Mayank

5 REPLIES 5
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @sardamayank I think this workflow does what you want:

OllieClarke_0-1573487198788.png

I've attached the workflow below too. Hope that helps,

Ollie

sardamayank
5 - Atom

Dear OllieClarke,

Thank you for the prompt response. Really appreciate it. 

Unfortunately, the file you uploaded has been created in a newer version of Alteryx than what I have on my system, so I cannot open it. Is there a way to share something compatible with version 2019.2.5.62427?

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @sardamayank here's a downgraded version.I've not packaged it, but the data input is the file you posted. Just make sure to tick 'first row contains data'

sardamayank
5 - Atom

@ollieclarke - this works perfectly. I added transpose and text-to-columns tools to separate year, month and attribute, so all Good! Appreciate your help on this.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sardamayank Glad I could help!

Labels