Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill as series down if not exists - multi-row tool

gurth
7 - Meteor

I'm having a hard time copying down a LINK_ID for rows of data if it doesn't exist. I've triple checked the formula and I'm sure it's something silly

It doesn't seem to evaluate the [ROW-1:LINK_ID] to be null.

See the formula for the commented out code that shows you what I've attempted.

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gurth ,

Here is an example showing how to accomplish what you are looking for.

1. Remove the string [null] and replace by a true null value (maybe this was generated when you copy paste the dataset

2. Order in a way that Link_id and this_link_id will be ordered from value to null

3. Multi-row to replace IDs - Since you are grouping by GUI, there is no need of checking [name]=[row-1 name] since it is all the same. But if you need to check that, you can group by name also and it will work the same as [name]=[row-1 name]

4. Sorting back to normal order.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @gurth , I have also prepared a solution for the same. Please refer to the screenshot and workflow for the desired output.Try this if it works!

grazitti_sapna_0-1593064283930.png

Sapna Gupta
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great solution @grazitti_sapna 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Thanks @fmvizcaino  🙂

Sapna Gupta
gurth
7 - Meteor

I still can't get it to work. I mistakenly left the GUI column in last time sorry!

I want to assign a previously assigned LINK_ID for that person (by checking [Row-1:*] name details, and if thye're the same person, copy down [Row-1:LINK_ID*] . If the person hasn't has a LINK_ID previously issued, copy [THIS_LINK_ID] on the active row to [LINK_ID]. See attahced

screenshot.png

gurth
7 - Meteor

I hadn't seen this post until after I posted my latest update. U'll review what you've provided and get back to you. Thanks to the both of you for your assistance.

Labels