Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File not found error

aj_k
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have been trying to run previously set up alteryx workflows.

I am trying to read data and connection files from shared network. 

There are several errors thrown up, most of them are like: 

FileNotFoundError: No such file or directory. 

-Does this have to do with my credentials and/or path?

-Do I have to run alt workflows at elevated status - as admin? 

-what is the correct way to reference a path from network drive? (does it have to be as  ' \\ ' ) 

Please guide. 

Notes:

-the code is in jupyter notebooks

-all dependent packages have been installed. 

2 REPLIES 2
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @aj_k 

"File not found" error usually happens when some assets that the workflow needs are not accessible. 

Where you can check:

- How did you get the file?

+ If the file is extracted from an Alteryx Zip (yxwp), make sure that the zipped includes all dependable assets.

+ If the workflows are "saved and sent", check if the workflows refer to macro / inputs which are saved locally somewhere else.

+ If you copy the whole folder down from somewhere, check if the paths are saved as "Relative" or "Absolute". if the path dependencies are absolute then chances are your workflows refer to data/files on an inaccessible machine.

- If your files are saved on One Drive / Server, check the accessibility / credentials.

The trouble-shooting possibilities are endless. But I'll start with checking with Files/ Directory are identified as non-existing and trace from there. Sometimes, the path looks immediately off, and you know it's a dependency issue.

Dawn.

aj_k
5 - Atom

- Data and connection files are on shared network drive. They are txt, csv or xlsx. 

- looks like I do have credentials to access network files.  

Labels