Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File input error on .xlsb files when getting the List of Sheets

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to get the list of sheet names of a .xlsb excel file?

I have been getting the list of sheet names to check if a sheet is missing and this works fine with .xlsx and .xlsm file formats, but not with .xlsb. I have a directory tool, with a wildcard file type, passed on to a formula tool like this

Capture.PNG

and then passed onto a macro workflow. However, I've been getting an error that says:

Error Opening table: Microsoft Access Database Engine: The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object '<List of Sheet Names>'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and path name correctly.

Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
GiuseppeC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KMadamba,

in order to read in a .xlsb file you need to install the Microsoft Access Driver, which you can find here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Unfortunatly, the 'get the list of sheet names' option is only available with a .xlsx file format, not with the binary one (you'll have to select the sheet from the output).

You'll have to pass into the macro the list of full paths, including sheet names (i.e. c:\path\file.xlsb|||Sheet1$, c:\path\file.xlsb|||Sheet2$, ...) in order for it to access all sheets and process the data accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Giuseppe

KMadamba
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @GuiseppeC ! It definitely helped.

Shaaz
9 - Comet

Can you please share the sample workflow ??

Labels