Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File Open and File Save Not Working Within Alteryx

MarcCDD
5 - Atom

Has anyone seen this issue.  Yesterday I lost the ability to open a workflow by using the browse option (File --> Open Workflow --> Browse) or Save new workflows (File --> Save), but can open recent workflows (File --> Open Recent) and can Save existing workflows. 

Basically Alteryx won't open the in application Windows Explorer dialog box to browse the folder structure.  Windows is associating Alteryx correctly and I can open an old workflow using File Explorer and double-click to open. This happened suddenly while using Alteryx and didn't do anything with a system setting. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Alteryx with no change.  I've also upgraded to the newest version 2022.1.1.25127 from 2021.3.2.54175 and still seeing the same issue.  Other applications don't seem impacted and I also run Alteryx on a remote machine that is operating with no issues.  I did upgrade to Windows 11 on Monday, but had no issues for 2 days post upgrade.

2 REPLIES 2
MarcCDD
5 - Atom

After uninstall, reinstall and reboots with no change this morning I changed a new workflow to an Iterative Macro and tried to save and things started to work again.  No idea if that was the fix or Alteryx started working as mysteriously as it stopped working.

CAiken
5 - Atom

Same issue here.  I have tried many, many things, including upgrading to Windows 11, uninstall/reinstall, and updating to the latest release of Alteryx.  Very frustrating as I basically can not use save as...

Labels