Do you use Alteryx in a language other than English? If so, we want to hear from you! Please help us improve the international experience of our products by participating in this 5 minute survey.

We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

File Copying and Moving

bobpeers
9 - Comet

If you want to move or copy files without using cmd or powershell solutions you can now install this tool made with the Python SDK.

AlteryxCategory

You can choose to keep the filenames the same but you can also rename them at the same time. It's a yxi package you can download and install from my Github site.

Happy moving!

https://github.com/bobpeers/Alteryx_SDK_FileCopyMove

10 REPLIES 10
Biernt
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Want to start off by saying, amazing work on this tool.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to select the directory I wish to copy and move my files to. What I'm trying to do is copy & move all files in a folder to another folder on a separate drive. I'm using the directory tool to select the folder I want targeted for the move, but selecting where I'm sending them is where I'm getting caught up. 

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Labels