Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File Browse .txt file in Alteryx Server

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to upload a txt file in the alteryx server? See attached file browse configuration and error message.

File Browse.pngError.png

17 REPLIES 17
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @garretwalters12 

Instead of using the regular "Update Input Tool" option, try to use the "Update Value" option and replace the file path.

See image below.

Thableaus_0-1592834520229.png

If you have the input tool correctly configured, it should work. Txt files are most of the times interpreted as CSV format in Alteryx.

Cheers,

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

Works when testing in developer but not in the actual server

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

-

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@garretwalters12 

I just tested using the option I mentioned to you (Action tool with "Update Value") and it worked fine on Server.

Version 2019.4

Cheers,

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@garretwalters12 

Current setup of the Input Tool being fed by the File Browse tool.

Thableaus_0-1592841045581.png

Cheers,

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

Must be a 2020.1 version issue. I have the exact set-up you mentioned.

NewTableauBie
6 - Meteoroid

NewTableauBie_0-1615332383970.png

trying to tackle the same issue using file browser and update value.  However, i don't see the options of selecting the file path as you did.   The picture shows what I see when selecting 'Update value'. 

Alteryx_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@garretwalters12 - I am having same issues as yours, same version. Were you able to identify the fix ?

garretwalters12
8 - Asteroid

I ended up having to configure the file in designer as a csv and set the Arbitrary file Specification to "Text Files (*.txt)|.*txt|All Files (*.*)|*.*". This allowed me to upload a txt file to the server.

Labels