Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

File Browse Error type of format

dianaba
5 - Atom

Is it possible for Alteryx to read any file format that the user wants to input with the "File Browse" tool?

In the File Browse Configuration I put in "Arbitrary File Specification" to read All Files

dianaba_0-1628179859636.png

My "Action" tool looks like this

dianaba_1-1628179859855.png

and like this my "Input Data"

dianaba_2-1628179860216.png

When the user enters any .csv format file (like the file that is in the workflow), it doesn’t give any error. However, when the user enter another format, for example Excel .xlsx, it gives this error.

dianaba_3-1628179860323.png

Is it only possible to ask the user for one type of format (the one in the workflow, in this case .csv)?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @dianaba,

Try changing the Action Type in your action tool to "Update Input Data tool" and see if that helps.

Thanks for all the pictures of your configurations-- that makes it very easy for the community to help! 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @dianaba 

Same as @clmc9601  attaching a screenshot of option the needs to be configured in action tool.

atcodedog05_0-1628180488861.png

Configuring required is also a good idea.

Agree with @clmc9601 Thanks for all the pictures of your configurations-- that makes it very easy for the community to help! 🙂

Hope this helps : )

dianaba
5 - Atom

It worked! Thanks you so much! 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @dianaba 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels