Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Figuring out how to query date/time in the filter tool

GIS_User01
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am attempting to use a simple date/time query to filter my data into 'records before 10:31:00' and 'records after 10:31:00'.  I am using this syntax in the Data Filter tool: ToDate([DateTime_Out]) < "2021-11-02 10:30:00".  I just want to know how to add in the time part of a date/time query.  I attached the spreadsheet, the workflow and an image.  I realize there are other ways to do this, however, I just want to know the syntax to make this exact workflow functional.  All help is appreciated!

DateTime_Filter.png

2 REPLIES 2
Chantelb
9 - Comet

Hi @GIS_User01 

Your workflow is almost already there, you just need to remove the ToDate(). DateTime_Out is already in DateTime format and if you needed to convert to DateTime rather than Date you should use ToDateTime().

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Chantel

GIS_User01
7 - Meteor

Thank you!  I feel embarrassed I did not consider that - but I appreciate you nonetheless!

Labels