Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fieldtype Number with Comma as decimal seperator

jaapkluck
6 - Meteoroid

Dear All,

In my company we use the Comma as decimal seperator. Therefore, I would like to achieve the following in my output excel:

output excel:

All fields which include numbers should be field type 'Number' in excel and the decimal seperator should be a Comma.

When I am changing the field type in alteryx through Select tool or formula (ISNUMBER) then the amounts dissapear in all the fields.

I hope you can help me.

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Could you try going to Options > User Settings > Edit User Settings... > Localization [tab] and then selecting the Decimal Symbol to be a comma? Think this should work.

Thanks,

Philip

PhilipMannering_1-1613650205282.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jaapkluck 

As @PhilipMannering  pointed out, you can change the decimal separator in the User Settings. 

Changing the settings is only for your visualization.

With what you mentioned last regarding changing it to a numeric format and the data disappearing, you need to pay attention to see if Alteryx is understanding it as a string, then you need to before changing the datatype, use the Formula Tool to do a Replace Function to assign the correct separator instead of the one over there, to then change it to a proper format.

Pedro.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ah, I see. Thanks @pedrodrfaria 

You could also try using the function

tonumber([Field1], 1, 1, ',')

The fourth argument specifies the decimal separating character. 

Labels