Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field: "Field Name" is 0 Length

Mark_Lurie
8 - Asteroid

I am querying a view on an Oracle database that has fields in it that are null.  I didn't have any issues with this in the prior version of Alteryx but now that I have upgraded to the latest version it's crapping out on me and it's frustrating that it used to work before and now it does not.

When I try test query, I get an error that says: Field: "CLOSEDSTATUS" is 0 length.  As mentioned before, there are many fields that are null in this view.

Short no selecting the null fields from the original view and putting them in downstream using a formula object is there anything I can do on the initial query with the Input Object.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
HenrietteH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We have identified the issue that causes the error to appear and are working on fixing it. If you would like to open a case to be attached to the defect so you will be automatically notified as soon as this is fixed, please email support@alteryx.com and reference this post. 

Thank you! 

Henriette Haigh
Technical Product Manager - Data Connectors
Alteryx, Inc.

HenrietteH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all! 

This has been fixed for 2018.3 which is available for download at licenses.alteryx.com.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! 

Henriette 

Henriette Haigh
Technical Product Manager - Data Connectors
Alteryx, Inc.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

moderators note:  We have marked the last post as a solution to alert other users who may be experiencing this issue that it is resolved in version 2018.3

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Adhish
5 - Atom

I have Designer 2019.3.5 and I still have this error, any ideas?

jwpetrov
6 - Meteoroid

Adhish:

I'm running 2019.3.5.17947 (current version) and I checked the following Oracle query:

SELECT
  '' ONE,
  0 TWO,
  NULL THREE,
  400 FOUR
FROM
  DUAL

I'm not seeing any errors. Looking at the Browse output, columns ONE (empty string) and THREE return as NULL. TWO is zero and FOUR is 400.

Jed

ntobon
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Adhish 

I tested it in 2019.3.5. and I am not able to reproduce the issue either. 

What data type is you Field ? Does the Field have null values?

Labels