Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Field names not showing up when adding tools after input for database connections

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a user that is having issues with data field names being populated after the input tool for database connections. When connecting to an excel file, the field names show up without issue.

The user is connecting to a oracle database with the input tool. Then, any tool (select, filter, etc.) that allows for the selection of a column is not populating with the field name unless the workflow is run. However, once the workflow has been run, it does not need to be ran in order to see field names for subsequent tools.

The user has already verified that "Disable Auto Configuration" in the advanced section of user settings is not selected. The user has also already attempted to use the "F5" refresh. Investigation has been performed on this issue within the community as well as a native google search but has yet to yield any results.

Has anyone experienced this issue or could potentially know of a fix that the user has not tried yet?

Please advise if additional information is needed. Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
ivanyanev
5 - Atom

I have similar issue. I'm using Excel files in Input tool and I have to run the flow each time I add a new tool and want to see the fields there in order to configure it. "Disable Auto Configure" is unchecked and still not working. F5 doesn't help as well....it's really annoying

Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Link86, are you both able to check your user settings and make sure disable auto configure is turned off.

Apologies my post didn't complete due to problem with the image. Can you check that when you have made the change, you close Alteryx down and re-open. Then test. If you know your version of Alteryx that is also helpful. 😁

Disable Auto Configure.png

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
Labels