Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field Summary tool temp file persistent error

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

Tried finding a topic on this, but could not (apologies if I did not search enough!)

Our firm uses alteryx designer on all of our machines.  Regardless of what machine is running it, we always get an error with the field summary tool.  The error is:

>Error: Field Summary (166): Tool #275: Tool #105: File not found "D:\Alteryx Temp >Directory\Engine_5832_f1ded0f019364b6aaf45e47f7388f0ad_\__temppath__.txt"

The tool still works despite the error, but it causes alarm to the analysts when an error pops up in our macros that use the field summary tool.  Anyone have any ideas how we can fix this?

17 REPLIES 17
david_fetters
11 - Bolide

Haha, DOS was so very unforgiving

My global workspace is C:\ProgramData\Alteryx

I get the same error when I run the macro on its own

Error: Run Command (105): File not found "D:\Alteryx Temp Directory\Engine_7872_6b1eeb13c6c240b1ab64d2512c5d5aa3_\__temppath__.txt"

I may give client services a buzz on this one and then come back and let you all know what they figure out.

Thank you both, simon and s_pichaipillai for trying to help!

simon
11 - Bolide

Last thought, do you have user settings (default temp dir) enabled? they'll override your system settings. good luck :)

david_fetters
11 - Bolide
Great thought but alas I do not have that enabled!
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

@david_fetters

i did some testing by changing the Engine path in System Settings "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine" to some other path 

Now "IFS.yxmc" macro has failed

Then what i did was, i changed the temp path (override system setting) in Designer to "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine"

Now it has succeeded 

So definitely it’s an issue with the run command tool inside IFS macro which is not recolonizing the path other than global engine path

copying 

@Ned@TaraM@AdamR  FYA

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@s_pichaipillai - thanks for tagging me. This is being looked at by our Content Engineers and someone will respond to this post shortly.

Tara McCoy
david_fetters
11 - Bolide

@s_pichaipillai thank you for looking further into this and adding some useful experimental data to the discussion!  I appreciate your time and effort in looking into this for both myself and the community!

StevePasetti
5 - Atom

I'm going to guess it doesn't like the spaces in the name of your temp directory.

The macro I think needs to be fixed such that the command line arguments in RunCommand looks like:

/c echo %cd% > "%temp%__temppath.txt__"

(note the quotes)

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

@StevePasetti (I don't think I'm doing that right), that worked.  I made the change and saved a local copy of the macros (can't overwrite standard tools) and ran it.  I'll forward your answer to the CSR with whom I'm working.  Great solution!

The top one is the original macro, the bottom is the macro with your change:

fieldsummaryfix.PNG

Labels