Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field Summary Capacity

Muhai
7 - Meteor

Hi - how many records does field summary tool can handle? At the moment, the source of my calgary index is more than 10M records and it runs indefinitely.

7 REPLIES 7
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear @Muhai,

There is no limite for the agregation with the summarize tool.

I have been working wiht 16 Million records and it's working well.

Regards,

ajax459
7 - Meteor

I don't think there is a limit to how many number of records one tool can handle but definitely 10 M is going to slow down any tool of any software. If you need to extract specific information like median , max , min or count of fields i would suggest use summarize in this scenario 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

As a potential alternative, have you tried the "Data Statistics" analytic app? You can find it under Options -> Run Analytic Apps. It does pretty much everything that the field summary tool does and it generates a nice PDF report summary. I have found that it tends to run faster too, so if it has everything that you need and it runs faster you might be in luck. 

data statistics.png

Muhai
7 - Meteor

Many thanks. Haven't tried this one but it superb that works like field summary tool. Can you share how this app will be add into AYX designer so everyone may read this discussion has an idea too? 

Muhai
7 - Meteor

Thanks

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Muhai it should be included in everyone's Alteryx Designer installation. You can find it by going to Options and then Run Analytic Apps:

analytic apps.png

Muhai
7 - Meteor

Thank you

Labels