Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field Name over several cells in excel to merge into a single field name

svm
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there,

I have an excel sheet to import. The field name is in rows 1 (e.g. "Jan"), 2 (e.g. "2018") and 3 (e.g. "Plan"). The data then start in row 4. My question, how can I merge rows 1-3 to become the field name (e.g. "Jan_2018_Plan") in Alteryx and the single field name in the . Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @svm,

I've attached a solution for you.

A key here is to use the 'first row contains data' on the excel input. Then use the sample tool to isolate these rows before generating the headers and then using the dynamic rename to apply it to our data stream.

The solution is of course dynamic so if you have more columns then it will pull these through.

Image.png

Ben

svm
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks

svm
6 - Meteoroid

@BenMosswrote:

Hi @svm,

I've attached a solution for you.

A key here is to use the 'first row contains data' on the excel input. Then use the sample tool to isolate these rows before generating the headers and then using the dynamic rename to apply it to our data stream.

The solution is of course dynamic so if you have more columns then it will pull these through.

Image.png

Labels