6/17/21: We have completed maintenance for the Search functionality on the Community. If you are seeing any issues, please try to clear your cache first. If the issue persists please email Community@alteryx.com

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Field Map not displaying in a macro?

paigens
7 - Meteor

I have a macro with two data inputs, and a couple of check box options. Both of the data inputs are set to "Show Field Map" so that the correct fields can be mapped before running the macro, but neither set of drop downs are displaying.  Additionally when you try to use the macro it displays an error and says that the field maps are missing. (Internal error processing macro: missing field map for "Shapefile")

I've been using it for several years now and just updated it for the calendar year.  The prior year's version still seems to be working normally, but when I make the necessary updates, I have this problem again. (The updates are really just re linking two static files.)

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Or is their a new setting in newer versions I need to adjust for? 

9 REPLIES 9
a_lee50
6 - Meteoroid

I'm getting the same error when I try to add the Field Map to a macro input.

paigens
7 - Meteor

I'll try contacting support later then. I'll let you know what they tell me.

a_lee50
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for getting in touch with support pstover. Did they have any suggestions on this?

byarsmc79
7 - Meteor

Any update on this issue?  I am having the same problem.

paigens
7 - Meteor

They didn't really have any suggestions. I think it had something to do with the update to the new version? I updated the macro again and re saved it and it started working properly.

KatM
5 - Atom

Did they at least specify what they thought was causing it? Having a similar problem and re-saving isn't fixing it.

paigens
7 - Meteor

they said they thought it was input file specific? They asked me to send a different file format than what I originally sent.

EddieW
Alteryx
Alteryx

All,

Support was in the process of looking for some sample files (specifically file types .shp and .dbf) from the user to test out the issue. The reason is because we ran some test (with a CSV file) with the same exact workflow that we received from the user and we couldn't recreate the issue. Thus, we thought the issue could be filetype specific and that's why we requested sample files to test it out. Before we managed to get a hold on the sample files, the user able to resolve the issue by simply re-linking (remove and re-add) the macro into the workflow. The case ended there since we could no longer recreate the issue. 

This support case was specific to the user and their data. If you believe you have a similar issue, please follow these steps below:

1) Press F5 to refresh the metadata for all tools in the workflow and see if issue persists.

2) Delete the macro from workflow and re-insert. See if issue persist.

3) Contact support at support@alteryx.com

Thanks!

Eddie Wong

Customer Support Engineer

Eddie Wong
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
vcarey
5 - Atom

I had this same problem when I'd switched between file input and text input in a "Macro Input" tool.  I had to edit my macro and delete all the "Macro Inputs" and re-create them to fix the issue

Labels