Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field Length in importing access data base

Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import access database which is linked to outlook emails, however, the field content (email body) is not showing all information, is there a limit in the field length reading access database? as in Microsoft access itself, I can see the full content of the email body.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Assaf_m 

Can you post a screen shot of where you're seeing the truncation.  If it's in a standard Browse Anywhere results window only the first 256 chars are displayed and you get the "This cell has truncated characters" message

Any tool other than a Browse result windowAny tool other than a Browse result window

If you add a Browse tool, the results show the entire string and the message changes to "This cell has >256 characters" 

Browse results windowBrowse results window

The underlying field is never actually truncated as you can see by the StringLength field.  It just the display that is limited to conserve memory.

Dan

Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

You are right, I did not look using the browse tool, 

Thanks a lot 🙂

Labels