Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Field Conversion Error handling Excel Format

M_ThompsonWatermark
7 - Meteor

Excel Data should be in the form of $$, but out of 25,000 ish records, I find that I have an excel data format error.   A large number of values 'in excel' for some odd reason were saved as a date format.    In theory I could go open excel, change format to $$, save and move on.   The problem is a have a large number of files and more than a single column.

I am combining all these files and I need Alteryx to take anything it finds in these columns that's formatted as a date and shift it to $$.

Thoughts ?   Help?  

2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

Can you provide an example Excel file with the formatting issue, and what what you expect the result to be? Thank you!

M_ThompsonWatermark
7 - Meteor

Thanks Joe, but a member of my team actually discovered a solution.    We changed the "INPUT TOOL" data format from .xlsx to  Excel "Legacy" format and it read in all the data in exactly the format needed.

Labels