Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fetch data from Oracle

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

I am trying to connect to a big data set of over - 18M records. I tried making a connection through ODBC and OCI and both stop after a few hours with an error. Plus the rate of transfer is very slow.

Same when tried in different tool like Pentaho completes in 2 hours or so. Is there an efficient way of doing this ? Can we use some other tool to run and download faster.

I just need to download the extracts and it may be any format. I will perform the operations on the downloaded extracts only.

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SouravKayal ,

what connection are you using in the other software? The connection should be the same.

Also, have you tried using this connection in the In-Database tools? This will allow you to connect, join filter etc on the remote server before extracting the reduced results (if applicable).

M.

Bulien

SouravKayal
8 - Asteroid

THe other side are just plain database tables. Unfortuantely I cannot run any SQL queries on the table apart from select *. ihave tried extracing through the iN DB tool s but the speed is still slow. like in 15 mins i am hitting 366K rows

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@SouravKayal ,

ok, so that is like dial up internet speeds. Not sure what the problem is there.

I would talk to your IT team.

M.

Bulien

Labels