Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Failed to move Files

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, I made a process that after if finishes ok its supposed to move all files it used to another folder. It should be very straight forward but I can’t make it work. I get this error, but if a copy and paste the command in a cmd screen it works properly. Could it be that it doesn’t work on shared folders? Any ideas? 

move.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @imaran_669 ,

what tools are you using inside Alteryx?

In general, this is possible with the run command tool.

Please find attached an example of renaming and moving files using the run command tool in Alteryx.

If you move the ‘Test’ folder to your C drive, the workflow should run as expected.

Please mark this as the solution if it answers your question, it will help others to find solutions quicker.

Kind Regards,

Kilian

Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KilianL , thanks for the reply!

This doesn’t fit what I need because I have to move not rename. 

I’m currently using events configured like this:

MOVE "C:\Users\xxx\Office 365\Campaña PYMES\*.txt" "C:\Users\xxx\Office 365\Campaña PYMES\Procesados\"

Eventos.JPG

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @imaran_669 ,

thanks for sharing.

My example includes the MOVE command also. But you are using events and not the run command tool.

In the evento tab, you need to point to a .bat file containing the command (click on examinar). You either create it yourself or via Alteryx.

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

@KilianLYes I’m sorry! Didn’t see it, after I reply I check and found it. Ok so I did 2 test, one with the folder I’m using (Office 365 sync folder) and it failed. 

Then I test again with a folder in my c drive... now it worked... so I guess it’s something wrong with the Office356. How should I write the path to make it work?

Labels