Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Failed to find Jupyter Notebook in Alteryx temp (Python tool)

Simonvm9114
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I'm running into an issue with the Python tool when running a workflow through the scheduler.

The python tool throws an error saying that it can't find the Jupyter notebook.

The funny thing here is that the error is pointing to a directory where the Jupyter notebooks aren't supposed to be, so it makes sense that it is not finding the notebook, but why is it looking into the wrong folder?

In this case, the workflow is located on a different server than where the scheduler is installed.

When I tell the scheduler to run a copy from the Scheduler DB, it does run successfully. 

Running the workflow located on a different server might be the problem, but I have more workflows running on that server which doesn't have the same problem. I even solved the problem by making a copy of the workflow and reschedule it.

Although the problem is worked around for now, I'd like to have some clarification about why this happens and if there is something I can do to avoid it from happening in the future. Can someone elaborate on this?

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Simonvm9114 was python installed on the Designer machine, the scheduler, and the workers all alike?  

Simonvm9114
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_mcauliffe I'll have to dig into that but as far as I know, Python has just been installed with Alteryx, not any separate installations.

Labels