Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Failed batch macro

kempo1981
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I receive a mixture of errors when i try to submit my workflow (attached).

The dataset is network utilisation (target MAX) and i'm looking to forecast the next months figure. It works perfectly fine individually in the batch macro wen i change the control parameter 'instance', but fails when i then try and perform multiple instances.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @kempo1981 

It looks like your action tool isn't properly configured

a.png

The Replace a specific string: command looks for the string in the input and replaces it with the control parameter.  Your filter is 

[instance] = "" AND [region]="AP"

and the Action tool is looking for 

[instance] = "AUABFPROW0002R GigabitEthernet0/0"

"AUABFPROW0002R GigabitEthernet0/0" doesn't exist in the filter string, so nothing changes and your entire data set is passed to the ETS tools which complains because of the duplicated date values.  

I assume that what you want to do is insert the control parameter value (similar to "AUABFPROW0002R GigabitEthernet0/0")  into the quotes following "[instance] =" .  Change your filter to 

[instance] = "AUABFPROW0002R GigabitEthernet0/0" AND [region]="AP"

and change the config of the Action tool to this 

a2.png

This will replace the AUAxx value in the Filter with the current control parameter for this iteration of the macro

Dan

kempo1981
7 - Meteor

Thank you! That seems to be working fine 🙂

One more thing though, obviously there are many 'instances' but the output only shows Month, Year and Forecast. How can I get it to return the instance also?

This is from the batch macro...

kempo1981_0-1573232381854.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @kempo1981 

This is a little trickier since the forecast tool doesn't output the Instance as part of its output.  You can get around this by adding a text input with a single row and column containing the AUAxxx value and connect the control parameter to it.  The is will create another Action tool to update the value in the cell with the current parameter.  Use an Append fields to add this to all of your output rows 

w.png

dan

kempo1981
7 - Meteor

Perfect!

Labels