Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Facing challenge in achieving the layout: Customer wise letter from Excel Input

xa_gupta
7 - Meteor

Hello community,

Request guidance in this piece

In my workflow, I have an excel input with customer performance across 2 categories. In this file all customer attributes are in a separate column.

xa_gupta_0-1642849459897.png

This data is distributed in 3 sections

First: Sale LY, Sale TY & Change % for each category Cat1, and Cat2 [Column C:H]

Second: Top 3 picks of a customer [Column J:L]

Third: Top 5 Picks [Column M:Q or R:V depending on the subscription type given in Column I]

Sample workflow attached. Request guidance to achieve the desired output - attached in the excel file and the workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @xa_gupta ,

it should be possible to create your desired output using 3 table tools and combining the results to a customer specific output.

2022-01-22_16-38-29.jpg

I selected the columns needed for each report, arranged them as required and used a table tool to create the output table. I added the header line using a Report Text tool (attach to table option). Then I use a Union tool to create a list of all output tables including the customer as an identifier and a Summarize tool to combine the output grouped by customer.

I've attached the sample workflow.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

xa_gupta
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Roland, for your attention.

Please find my comments for your solution:

1. I see the workflow generated 16 records. But there are only 3 customers - A, B, C. I couldn't find the root cause to this

xa_gupta_0-1643007441087.png

2. In 3rd table, It is always generating AA1 to AA5. It should rather generate the Top 5 selctions based on subscription filter - AA1 to AA5 if the subscription = AA, BB1 to BB5 otherwise. 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @xa_gupta ,

I removed the "Desired Output" part from  Sheet1, leaving only rows 1-4. You'll get 9 rows (3 for each customer) if you do so.

To solve the second problem,. I've added a Filter tool to split between the "AA" and "BB" subscriptions and select the fields AA1..5/BB1..5 accordingly, seems to be the easiest approach.

Let me know if there are any further issues.

Best,

Roland

xa_gupta
7 - Meteor

@RolandSchubert This is in order. I learnt a great deal today from you. Thank you very much for your help and aptitude.

Labels