Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FUZZY MATCH line by line

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Hello Sir,

i have question need help.

One, do you know how to line by line get fuzzy match score number using fuzzy match function? 

Second , how to make decimal to set only 2 decimal.

thank you very much!

7 REPLIES 7
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@lilyyangadsk

1. For getting a match score. Follow the below configuration.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655188034973.png

2. To set decimal to 2 decimal. Use the select tool and change the int type to fixed decimal set size 19.2

grazitti_sapna_1-1655188110273.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

thank you for quick reply, but sometimes we have large data that have similar names in one pool, and i want to only line by line match each account name vs end user name like attached, it seems not working. it mix with other line account name doing fuzzy matching.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@lilyyangadsk, will it be possible for you to post the output that you desire? It will be helpful in order to achieve the desired result.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

sample attached,  how to force alteryx fuzzy match function to only output matchscore to show what the end user name similarity score with same line account name provided. If excel, we are able to do it. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@lilyyangadsk, I have not heard of any forced Fuzzy but yes to get the desired result you can join the end result.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655201384166.png

In that case, I am able to get the records as mentioned in the sample file as required. It might not be the best solution but it is working for me.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

thank you, it works!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@lilyyangadsk , Glad it worked!

Sapna Gupta
Labels