Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FIRST ROW VALUE TO PASTE TO ENTIRE COLUMN

RD32XU
5 - Atom

I am trying to copy the first row value and paste it to whole column using below formula. However, for some reason it's not working. Can someone help me? Thank you.

if [RecordID] = 1
then [Book date]
else [Row-1:Book date]
endif

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @RD32XU 

Instead of multi-row formula you can use this approach. Filter the first row and append it.

atcodedog05_0-1628187931054.png

Edit: For fixing the formula you can use @clmc9601 method. This method hit my mind first hence I went with it 😅 now you have 2 methods for the usecase 🙂

Hope this helps : )

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @RD32XU,

Just a simple change to your formula will also work:

clmc9601_0-1628187991827.png

if [RecordID] = 1
then [Book date]
else [Row-1:maxdate] // use the name of the column that Multi-Row is creating
endif

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @RD32XU 

Another variation is to use a summary tool to identify the First record value, then append to ALL...then clean up.

Workflow attached.Capture.PNG

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @clmc9601 

I am uncertain if @RD32XU wants the MAX date, rather instead the first records' value that incidentally IS the max in the set.

RD32XU
5 - Atom

Thanks everyone, works fine. Both solution above able to get the output I want which is to copy first raw value to entire column.

if [RecordID] = 1
then [Field1]
else [Row-1:maxdate]
endif

RD32XU
5 - Atom

Thank you for this. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @RD32XU 

Cheers and have a nice day!