Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FIND REPLACE, does it support find chinese character and replace with english character

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

I tried to use find replace function to find Chinese character and replace, but however I tested many times and alteryx not recognize Chinese character, is it true, or I am wrong.

7 REPLIES 7
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? The find and replace tool seems to be working correctly for me...

echuong1_0-1578448677665.png

ashissanpui
9 - Comet

@lilyyangadsk  you need to un-check match whole word.

ashissanpui_0-1578470387221.png

Result: 

ashissanpui_1-1578470411223.png

Ashis

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

thank you it works now. Just want to ask for English character account name, should I also uncheck "match whole word only' too"

ashissanpui
9 - Comet

Depending upon your requirement please change the settings accordingly.

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

I am not quite understand about "match whole word only' mean exactly, my purpose is to clean legal entity suffix like LTD, Co Ltd, etc, and to find in account name and take away those words.

'match whole word only' means to match account name part of the field if any suffix exist, or it means the whole account name is this word Co Ltd.

ashissanpui
9 - Comet

When you select match whole word along with entire field it does 'vlookup' in excel. Else the phrase you are searching will be matched within the string whereever the occurrences are. Try the help example embedded in Find and replace tool. You will get to understand that.

Company name: Limit ABC Company Limited 

Replace Limit with LT

then with the selection your result would be

LT ABC Company LTed.

Otherwsie, withi your initial match criteria it would give null.

Ashis

Saumil
5 - Atom

Hi @echuong1,

In this example, instead of Replace I just want to Find the Keywords in the Chinese Sentences and in the Output I would like to display to 2 things: 1) Sentences where any Keyword is Found 2) Specific Keywords found in each sentence (in another column). Is this possible ?

Thanks.

Labels