Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FILTER TOOL PARSE ERROR

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

Hi! It's me again trying to understand and explore Alteryx. Im very new to Alteryx and here's where I'm lost at. I need to filter column "EXCLUSION" and select 3 outcomes (E3, E2, E3 and BLANK or no value) kindly refer to screenshot below. How do I do that in custom filter please? I have a parse error or is my custom filter entirely wrong? THANKS!

CathrinaJay_0-1668598427147.png

CathrinaJay_3-1668599000121.png

6 REPLIES 6
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @CathrinaJay 

If you want to filter for multiple values in one field like this in a filter, you'll need to use the 'IN' function instead of using equals. If you were to use equals, you'd need to use 'EXCLUSION =' for all of the values separately. Conceptual screenshot attached in the absence of data to use

JamesCharnley_0-1668599328407.png

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

wow! thanks! Im gonna have to try this :)

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

I have tried it already but it wont work. No error in this custom filter but no True value has come out. I wonder why. But when I try to put only [STATUS] = "P" and [EXCLUSION] = "E3" and [DUMMY] = "N" and [ACS_TRANSCODE] = "OVERMOTH" it works. But I need to filter the below in EXCLUSION column not just E3.

Here's the requirement I need in my filter tool:

Column STATUS - P

Column Exclusion - E3, E2,E3 and (Blank)

Column Dummy - N

Column Acs_Transcode - OVERMOTH

CathrinaJay_0-1668599546932.png

CathrinaJay_1-1668599695363.png

Sarreddy
9 - Comet

@CathrinaJay  

Can you try like this.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@CathrinaJay  you still haven't used the IN function here for EXCLUSION. That part should read [EXCLUSION] IN ("E3","E2, E3", null()), not the equals.

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

Thank you guys!

Labels