Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FILTER TOOL PARSE ERROR

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

Hi! It's me again trying to understand and explore Alteryx. Im very new to Alteryx and here's where I'm lost at. I need to filter column "EXCLUSION" and select 3 outcomes (E3, E2, E3 and BLANK or no value) kindly refer to screenshot below. How do I do that in custom filter please? I have a parse error or is my custom filter entirely wrong? THANKS!

CathrinaJay_0-1668598427147.png

CathrinaJay_3-1668599000121.png

6 REPLIES 6
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @CathrinaJay 

If you want to filter for multiple values in one field like this in a filter, you'll need to use the 'IN' function instead of using equals. If you were to use equals, you'd need to use 'EXCLUSION =' for all of the values separately. Conceptual screenshot attached in the absence of data to use

JamesCharnley_0-1668599328407.png

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

wow! thanks! Im gonna have to try this :)

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

I have tried it already but it wont work. No error in this custom filter but no True value has come out. I wonder why. But when I try to put only [STATUS] = "P" and [EXCLUSION] = "E3" and [DUMMY] = "N" and [ACS_TRANSCODE] = "OVERMOTH" it works. But I need to filter the below in EXCLUSION column not just E3.

Here's the requirement I need in my filter tool:

Column STATUS - P

Column Exclusion - E3, E2,E3 and (Blank)

Column Dummy - N

Column Acs_Transcode - OVERMOTH

CathrinaJay_0-1668599546932.png

CathrinaJay_1-1668599695363.png

Sarreddy
9 - Comet

@CathrinaJay  

Can you try like this.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

@CathrinaJay  you still haven't used the IN function here for EXCLUSION. That part should read [EXCLUSION] IN ("E3","E2, E3", null()), not the equals.

CathrinaJay
7 - Meteor

Thank you guys!

Labels