Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

FILTER OPTION BUG : "AND" "OR" FUNCTION

samkp
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

My "AND" function does the "OR" functionality & "OR" function does the "AND" functionality. Attaching a sample flow... I think there is some kind of bug in the new update.

6 REPLIES 6
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I have version 11.0 and all rows correctly go to the False of the filter.  Are they not for you?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I've just run your module on v11.5 and it appears correct. All lines correctly going to the False output.

samkp
6 - Meteoroid

if filter is "[EU]!=8000 OR [MM]!=0" then T should have [EU]=1 [MM]=1

F should have remaining rows

If filter is "[EU]!=8000 AND [MM]!=0" then T should have 1) [EU]=1 [MM]=1

2) [EU]=1 [MM]=0

F should have remaining rows

But that's not the case...

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm working with the latest version of Alteryx and to me the logic seems correct.

I've attached an image of the logic calcs with your sample data.

IMAGE.PNG

I get the records split out as in column G when I run the alteryx workflow with the respective logic.

Can you confirm you are expecting the same results here or are you misinterpreting how the logic should view the data?

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

In the sample data you give it is also worth noting you don't have a record that is

[EU]=1 [MM]=1

Ben

samkp
6 - Meteoroid

I am getting the same results when calculated in excel. Looks like I misinterpreted the logic. Thanks for all the quick responses... 

Labels