Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Extracting the Data from an Alteryx Histogram

brian_farrer
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I'd like to be able to extract the data from an histogram built in Alteryx for my own purposes (create the visualization in another tool with some custom features). I really just want an output that adds a couple of fields to my original dataset that auto-determines the breakout and assignment to bins so I can build a similar chart in Excel.

I would have assumed this would be a common ask, but didn't see it posted anywhere. Does anyone know how I can extract the data from the histogram or perhaps use a different tool to auto-determine bins and assign records to those bins?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@brian_farrer Alteryx has the ability to create histograms but it does so from the data in the workflow. You might consider the Summarize tool which can aggregate your data in ways that a histogram would. Using a histogram as an input is not possible. The reason is that the reporting tools will render the chart as an image but it does not contain the underlying data.

Labels