Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Extracting specific columns into new dataset

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Forgot the filter list

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

I used the Transposed data you provided and used in in an example featuring my solution from yesterday. Check it out in the attached workflow.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

I implemented the batch macro into my workflow, but I get an error "output connection "output 4" was not valid". I have attached the workflow if that helps. Thanks!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Here is the actual output:

Error: 20181205-DynamicSelectName (23): Record #1: Tool #1: Parse Error at char(18): Unknown variable "TAAACCGAGAAGGACA"

Highlighted

Only sharing the workflow (yxmd) does not help me troubleshoot. You must export the workflow (Options>Export Workflow) as a .yxzp file so that input files and macros (and their connections) are included. From what I saw in previous posts, you may not be using the macro correctly, but without the connections and input data from a yxzp (exported workflow) I am unable to help further.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your patience! Do the file is too large to upload, do you have a dropbox I can send it to?

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi Charlie,

Sorry for the delay, I hope you are still able to solve this problem. So I created two new datasets based on the original since they were too large to put here. Attached is the .yxzp workflow and the two datasets that go along with it

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Here is the workflow

Highlighted

The tool Summarize (31) need an update to the concatenation. Update the Start, Separator, and End fields to apply quotation marks around each argument like this:

20190114-ConcatQuotes.png

There's a few other changes that need to be made, here's the other post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Macro-tool-and-transforming-large-data...

Labels