Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extracting set of values from text

ToxicBuoy
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Thanks for your response in advance.

I have a usecase where I need to extract a set of texts from list of larger cluster of text like below:

Extract all AB, CDE, FG, HIJ, KL from the below column.

1. AB needs to be assigned

2. the work is with CDE

3. FG will assign it to AB, KL to handover process

4. HIJ to confirm AB on role

5. CDE unsure on data accuracy, FG sure on data accuracy

for the above output values should be:

1. AB

2. CDE

3. FG,AB,KL

4. HIJ,AB

5. CDE, FG

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ToxicBuoy , the attached should get you what you are looking for?

Spoiler
ToxicBuoy.PNG
ToxicBuoy
7 - Meteor

Hi @AndrewS , thanks for responding.

However if my text has another uppercase character, it consumes even that in output, like:

ABC to Submit data To DEF -> ABC,S,T,DEF

Its failing in such cases.

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ToxicBuoy - are you able to provide a larger data set to work with? Or will it only be a single capital letter appearing that can be ignored. Also, are you only expecting 2 or 3 upper case letters for any combination?

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ToxicBuoy Assuming that you are looking for a 2 or 3 character uppercase combination, change the Regex to 

[A-Z]{2,3}

Updated workflow attached

Cheers,

Andrew

ToxicBuoy
7 - Meteor

Hi @AndrewS , I cant upload any data due to restriction however I am masking the data below:

I am looking for only AB, CDE, FG, KL and HIJ as texts in the 1st column and output as 2nd column.

AB AUTOTAGGED AS to Declare Tax Support Type,CDE to Declare Tax Support TypeAB, CDE
AB to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CPAB
AB to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CP,AB to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CPAB,AB
AB to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CP,FG to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CPAB,FG
AB to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CP,FG to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CP,CDE to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CPAB,FG,CDE
AB to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CP,FG to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CP,CDE to Submit Removed RequestAB,FG,CDE
None- Pending JZ Score Type Declareation, None- Pending JZ Score Type Declareationnull
None- Pending JZ Score Type Declareation, None- Pending JZ Score Type Declareation,CDE to Submit Tax Notified Requestnull
None- Pending JZ Score Type Declareation,AB to Submit Tax Notified Requestnull
None- Pending JZ Score Type Declareation,CDE to Submit Tax Notified RequestCDE
KL to Assign Tax Support Rummy PQS in CPKL
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @ToxicBuoy 

Please see attached for the WF below:

pedrodrfaria_0-1615983213185.png

Pedro.

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Hi @ToxicBuoy I would try setting the regex to (AB|CDE|FG|KL|HIJ) if you have a determined set of values. Workflow attached. Note your sample has indicated NULL when there is CDE and AB present - is this a typo?

AndrewS
11 - Bolide

Just realised - make sure Case Insensitive is unchecked on the regex if you go with this approach.

ToxicBuoy2.PNG

ToxicBuoy
7 - Meteor

Thanks @AndrewS , that logic seems to be working fine. Yes the above was a typo.

Labels